Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Something Perfect

There's an ache that's missing today
There's an emptiness that's been filled
There's a cloud that's lifting and drifting away
There's a ragin' storm that's been stilled
There's a joy that's real
There's a wound that's finally healed
There's a future replacing the past
There's breath of new life in the the cast

And there's something perfect happening here
And this moment will bury the mountains of fears
And through countless tomorrows
It won't disappear
There's something that's perfect 
Happening here

No one knows, so no one can say
That tomorrow all will be well
Will the brightest promise that shines on today
Shine tomorrow?  No one can tell
But one thing is sure
And will be forever more
When such unselfish love has been given
The world just made more room for heaven

And there's something perfect happening here
And this moment will bury the mountains of fears
And through countless tomorrows 
It won't disappear
There's something that's perfect 
Happening here.
-Michael Mcclean, Something Perfect 

July 3, 2015 is one of those days.   As an active member of the LDS Church and a desire to have my family bond sealed for eternity, we entered the temple to perform the sealing ordinance of our daughter, Elizabeth to my husband and I.  I have been reflecting on what it means to me to be sealed as a family forever.  The sealing of my husband and children to me have meant that no matter what life may throw at us we will forever be joined.  It is a sense of security and a commitment that we will do all we can do put our family at the forefront of our lives.  It is hard to formulate into words something that brings my heart joy and peace.  It's a wonderful crowning event to our beautiful adoption story.  I stare at our pictures from Lizzie's sealing and the memories of walking up to the temple with Gabe, JJ and Lizzie forever stand still in my mind.


I was so excited to bring JJ back to the same temple and have him show Lizzie around.  Seeing the pictures of us after dressed in white having committed to Elizabeth that we will do our part as her earthly parents to understand who she is really is as a child of God and how to live her life so that she can return to him and of course, LOVE HER but look at her....who doesn't just love this girl.

<

Lizzie has been waking up in the middle of the night for cuddles the last couple of nights.  She just wants to be held, she lays quietly and stares at me deeply.  Her eyes seem to be pools of such depth, she truly has lived for a very long time before coming to this earth because she seems like an old wise soul.  As she stares at me, I have been playing Lizzie is so loved...and then go through all those that love her so.  I have been telling her her adoption story and how she is very much loved, wanted, and adored by ALL sides of her family.  I am truly grateful for her (and JJ's as well) birth family.  I still marvel at the sacrifice and love that a birth mother has for her child.  And for them...I will end with another favorite Mcclean song...




No comments:

Post a Comment